Rodney L. Hubbard has more than thirty years of practice in real estate law. He has extensive experience in all areas of commercial real estate law, including acquisitions, sales, development, leasing, easements, title review, zoning, loan documentation, modifications, and workouts.
Mr. Hubbard has also handled numerous real estate litigation cases, including title claims and curative matters, lease disputes, contract matters, foreclosure, and eviction cases. He has also represented owners in eminent domain litigation.
Jurisprudence. He was a Briefing Attorney for the 14th Court of Appeals in Houston, Texas. He then entered the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corp. and spent three years as an Army lawyer. Rodney returned to private practice in Dallas in 1984 and practiced with small and large law firms. He is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law.
He is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, and The Texas Land Title Association. Rodney is a member of the Texas Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas; U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas; and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
Rodney is married and has two sons and a daughter.
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Title Company Litigation
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1979
- Law Review: Managing Editor, Houston Law Review, 1978 – 1979
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts– 1976 – with Honors
- Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Note, The Dedication of Natural Gas to Interstate Commerce: Federal Regulation Preempts Property Rights, 15 Houston Law Review 1220, 1978
- Texas Land Title Association, Member, Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Specialty Restaurants Corporation
- Gem Realty
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- United States Army, JAGC, 1980 to 1983
- Court of Appeals, Fourteenth District, Briefing Attorney, 1979 to 1980
Certified Legal Specialties
- Commercial Real Estate Law